(Editor’s Note: This is the Memorandum of Understanding Between The Novato Unified School District and The Novato Federation of Teachers Local 1986, CFT/AFT/AFL-CIO. It was reach on Friday.
March 13t h, 2021
This Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) is entered by and between the Novato Unified School District (“NUSD”) and the Novato Federation of Teachers (“NFT”) Local 1986, CFT/AFT/AFL-CIO in regard to an addendum to the agreed upon re-entry (Hybrid Learning) MOU from December 11, 2020
The Parties agree to amend the re-entry (Hybrid Learning) MOU agreement from December 11, 2020 as follows:
- In instances in which 6 feet, or approximately 6 feet, distance between students is referenced in the agreement, the distance will be 4 feet between students, or consistent with Public Health guidance. A teacher shall not be required to reduce spacing between students to a distance of less than 4 feet, within the first four (4) weeks of implementation of the new schedule.
- In instances in which there is reference to a bell schedule, those bell schedules will be replaced by the following bell schedules.
- The District shall provide all members covered by NFT, compensation in the amount of $1,250.00. This amount can be used to compensate members for supplies purchased or time spent outside of contractual hours. The District will not require any proof or documentation from individuals on how this amount is used. The amount will automatically be made payable to the employee through an individual pay warrant, no later than May 31, 2021.
- After instructional minutes on the Minimum Day scheduled for March 22, 2021, members will be given the remaining afternoon as planning time in lieu of professional development time.
- Certificated staff members are able to submit a request for an unpaid leave of absence for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Certificated staff members will receive a 5 working days notice before a schedule change.
- The Friday before the schedule change takes effect will be a remote asynchronous day in which all teachers will provide daily live interaction with every student and the assignment of asynchronous work consistent with the number of required instructional minutes.
- NFT will be advised if there are members who need to move spaces.
9. Elementary SDC and Early Intervention will follow their current schedule.
10. Teachers will be notified ahead of time if items need to be removed from the classroom.
____________________ Jonathan Ferrer
Elementary School Bell Schedule
____________________ Mariah Fisher