On May 12th, St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin celebrated the grand opening of its new service location at 747 B Street in San Rafael.
More than 100 benefactors and friends, including Mayor Kate Colin, Supervisor Damon Connolly, and Mary Sackett, Aide to Damon Connolly, gathered to join St. Vincent de Paul Society for this exciting occasion.
The purchase of 747 B Street was made possible by a generous bequest of nearly $2 million to SVdP. The new location is only steps away from SVdP’s free dining room and will allow the organization to consolidate their Case Management and Help Desk programs to a single central facility. This will not only foster better collaboration among staff, but it will also provide a warm and convenient area for their most vulnerable clients.
St. Vincent de Paul has been feeding the hungry, keeping precariously housed families from losing their homes, and housing the homeless in Marin since 1947.