Some very special “Women of Vision” were recognized for their extraordinary leadership and contributions to the Marin community at the Soroptimist International of Novato’s 40th Annual Spring Fundraiser on April 23 at the Bill and Adele Jonas Center on the Indian Valley College campus.
– Judy Arnold, Supervisor District V, Marin County.
– Denise Athas, Council Member, City of Novato.
– Jenni Doherty, Founder, Daraja Academy.
– Lori Frugoli, District Attorney, Marin County.
– Donna Garske, Executive Director, Center for Domestic Peace.
– Marian Huntington, Founder, Executive Director, NovatoSpirit.
– Benita McLarin, Director, Marin County Department of Health and Human Services.
– Cheryl Paddack, CEO, North Marin Community Services.
– Dr. Mary Kay Sweeney, Executive Director, Homeward Bound.
– Samantha Tradelius, Executive Director, Sparkle Foundation.
– Linda Witong, Soroptimist UN Delegate.
All proceeds will fund the many projects benefiting women and girls who are trying to improve their economic status through education and training. Two primary projects of SI Novato are the Violet Richardson Award that recognizes high school girls’ community service, and the Live Your Dream Award for women who have overcome enormous personal obstacles including poverty, sex trafficking and domestic violence. As one recipient of the Live Your Dream Award said, “I want to set a good example for my kids and show that education is the key for success that opens many doors on the life path.”
SI Novato also contributes to many local charitable organizations including North Marin Community Services, Homeward Bound, Gilead House, NovatoSpirit and Center for Domestic Peace.
Guests arriving at this sold-out event were greeted with champagne and given ample time to check out and bid on many silent auction items. After the luncheon, guests were wowed by SI Novato’s traditional fashion show featuring beautiful and stylish clothing from Novato’s Alice Becker, Inc.
SI Novato is grateful for the generous support of its Spring Fundraiser Sponsors: Firstleaf Wine Club, Paula Kamena, Peter & Stephanie Boden Giving Account; Brayton-Purcell, LLP, Lisa Cobb, Rob Devincenzi (Marin IJ), Susan Cohen, Ghirardo CPA, Arntz Family Foundation, Mathilde White, Madalienne Peters, Bank of Marin, Sharlene van Boer, Margaret Tevis, Virginia Schultz, Lori Frugoli, Luther Burbank Corporation Foundation, San Marin Animal Hospital, Valley Memorial Park, Dentistry By Design of Marin, Rosemary Fox, Hennessy Funds, Sue Levin, Master Movers Moving & Storage, Karen Santiago, Pristine Builders Group, Dr. Susan Mozayani (Marin Eye Care), Nancy Weber, Sylvia Barry (Marin Real Estate), Hannah Cramer, Paula Hafling, Judy Montero, Patsy Fleisch (Mary Kay Cosmetics), and Linda Witong.
To learn more about Soroptimist International of Novato, please visit our website at www.soropnovato.org.